Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Sound of Music

Someone once said that if he can remember or notices the music in a movie, something is wrong with it. This always struck me as a load of B.S., with all due respect. I can’t believe that a scene in a movie is only good if the music is completely forgettable, and remains in the background. Heck, if I find myself listening to bland, uninspired music crawling in the shadowy background of a scene, that’s not going to earn good points for the movie. The mediocre score of “Superman Returns” will never, ever live up the original film’s. And believe me, since I got some OST’s I absolutely love to listen to, I have found myself constantly probing for good music in movies.
Allow me to demonstrate, soaring and powerful music carrying though a whole act stealing a complete starship:






No comments:

Post a Comment