Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Deat Cult


It has been inside me for a while, might it not be so actual anymore.
 I am quite simply sick of the Heath Ledger overhype in the recen Batman flick, “The Dark Knight”, especially when it comes to trashing Jack Nicholson’s performance from Tim Burton’s 1989 original Batman movie.
Had he not killed himself stupidly with the abuse of his medication, would he have got the same insane hype? I guess not. He is caught in the “better say nothing about a dead man than bad things” effect.
 I never once laughed at him (which, as later I found out, I was supposed to.) Well, personal tastes may differ.
And people claim the new joker is more believable. The character creates an aura of frenzy danger around him, but quite simply it is because you can never, ever tell what his next move would be. His insane, ad hoc plans almost always work, which is highly incredible. He survives and thrives on chaos, yet he seems to have plans and plans and plans within plans. He lacks a motive, or even a basic background story. He is quite simply a madman bent on destruction, creating mayhem and misery. His goal is without a grain of motivation.
More believable? I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment